Thursday, May 31, 2012

We're running out of time!!!! (in a good way)

Ah, yes, my favorite Jack Bauer quote from "24" took hold today after our predrywall meeting. Our PM Abe walked us through the house, and showed us what was going to happen next. Everything seemed be calm, until Abe told us that our final walk through would be July 16th, and he expected us to close by July 19th.

Yep, seven weeks from today.

We have 49 days to get everything ready, buy everything we need, and move into our dream home. It's going to be quite a ride from here, but we can't wait.

We got an added surprise today - the siding and shakes started to go up on the house.



Abe said that would likely be done by Saturday, and the stone should be on by next weekend too. Abe also helped us work through a few small issues and made note of some minor fixes we wanted.

All in all, it was quite an exciting day. Even if we suddenly realized we're running out of time. :)




4 comments:

  1. I like that siding color, looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is looking great! I remember the day I got the email from a moving website I had signed up with that said I had six weeks until my move. That's when it really hit me!

    ReplyDelete